Is your Toshiba Fire TV Stuck On Loading Screen? So don’t worry now your problem will be solved.
Toshiba Fire TV Stuck can be some common issues that are not difficult to fix.
Following these 5 Easy Fixes will solve your Toshiba Fire TV Stuck On Loading Screen problem.
- 1. Clear Cache and Data
- 2. Restarting the Toshiba Fire TV to Fix Loading Screen Issues
- 3. Checking the Internet Connection and Router
- Updating Apps and Performing a System Software Update
- Factory Resetting the Toshiba Fire TV
1. Clear Cache and Data
First, try clearing the cache and data for the Fire TV app.
Here’s how to Clear Cache and Data on Fire TV;
- Using your Fire TV remote, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Applications’ -> ‘Manage installed applications’
- Scroll to and select the ‘Fire TV’ app
- Select ‘Clear Cache’ and then ‘Clear Data’
- Press the Home button on your remote to go back to the home screen
- Try restarting your Toshiba Fire TV. The loading screen should no longer appear stuck.
2. Restarting the Toshiba Fire TV to Fix Loading Screen Issues
The simplest solution is often the best.
Restarting the Fire TV can refresh the system and get things working properly again.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the Fire TV for at least 30 seconds. This hard resets the device.
- Plug the Fire TV back in and wait for it to fully restart. The loading/booting process can take a couple minutes.
- Once the home screen appears, try launching an app to ensure it’s working properly now.
3. Checking the Internet Connection and Router
The most common cause of a Toshiba Fire TV sticking on the loading screen is an issue with your internet connection or router.
Before you try anything else, double-check that your Wi-Fi is working properly.
Check Your Router
See if your router’s Wi-Fi signal is disrupted or inconsistent.
Log in to your router’s admin page and look for any warning messages.
You may need to reboot or reset your router to factory settings to resolve software glitches.
If possible, try connecting your Fire TV directly to the router via an Ethernet cable to rule out Wi-Fi interference.
Restart Your Modem and Router
- Unplug the power cables for your modem and router, wait 30 seconds, then plug them back in.
- This hard reset can refresh your network devices and fix minor software issues.
- Once the modem and router fully restart, check if your Fire TV is connecting properly.
Outdated software could also prevent your Fire TV from loading properly.
Log in to your router’s admin page again and check for any available firmware updates.
Download and install the latest version.
Contact Your ISP
If the previous steps don’t work, the issue could lie with your internet service provider.
Contact your ISP’s tech support and report connectivity problems with your Fire TV and other devices.
They can troubleshoot or send a technician to repair any problems with your broadband or modem equipment.
Updating Apps and Performing a System Software Update
To get your Toshiba Fire TV out of the loading screen loop, it’s a good idea to make sure all your apps and system software are up to date.
Outdated software can sometimes cause issues with the device loading properly.
Follow these steps to update everything on your Fire TV:
- Go to the Settings on your Fire TV and select “My Fire TV” or “Device.”
- Choose “About” or “Device Info” and select “Check for System Update.”
- If an update is available, select “Download and Install.” This will update your Fire TV operating system and software.
Update Your Apps;
- Go back to the home screen and select “Apps.”
- Scroll through the list of apps and note any with an “Update” button. Select “Update” for each app that needs an update.
- Once all apps and software have updated, try restarting your Fire TV. Unplug the power cable for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
Factory Resetting the Toshiba Fire TV
If all else fails, you may need to factory reset your Toshiba Fire TV to resolve the loading screen issue.
Note: A factory reset will revert the device back to its original settings and remove any downloaded apps, accounts, and data stored on the Fire TV.
But don’t worry, you can easily redownload your apps and sign back in to services after resetting.
To perform a factory reset:
- Using the remote, navigate to Settings > Device > Reset to Factory Defaults. Alternatively, you can hold down the Back, Left, and Menu buttons on the remote for 10 seconds to open the Factory Reset menu.
- Select Reset Device. This will prompt a warning that all data will be erased.
- Choose Reset to confirm. The Fire TV will reboot and begin the reset process. This can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
- Once the reset is done, the Fire TV will restart and walk you through the initial setup like when you first bought the device. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect to Wi-Fi, sign in with your Amazon account, and select your preferred language and time zone.
- Go to the Home screen and begin re-downloading any apps you want to use. You’ll also need to sign back in to streaming services and re-enter account info.
A factory reset should resolve any software issues causing the loading screen problem on your Toshiba Fire TV.
If the issue continues after trying all of the steps here, it’s possible there may be a hardware problem with your device.
You should contact Toshiba or Amazon Fire TV support for further help.
So there you have it, 5 simple fixes to try if your Toshiba Fire TV gets stuck on that annoying loading screen.
We have given you the Easy Fixes in detail, hope they solve your problem.
Toshiba Fire TV Stuck On Loading Screen is not a big deal, you can easily fix it, you just need to follow the steps mentioned in this post.
The Fire TV needs to be disconnected from the HDMI port and then plugged back in. If your HDMI cable is damaged, try replacing it with a new one (not included).
You may have problems with your FireStick acting up and getting stuck on the loading screen due to minor glitches like overheating or accumulating cache. The issue can usually be resolved by rebooting the device.