Is Your Alexa not playing Apple Music? Don’t worry after reading this post your problem will be solved.
You will be told 5 fixes that you have to follow, Then your Alexa problem will be solved.
There are very easy solutions, you will be guided step by step.
- 1. Check Your Alexa Device and Apple Music Account
- 2. Update Your Alexa Device and Apple Music App
- 3. Unlink and Relink Apple Music
- 4. Factory Reset Your Alexa Device
- 5. Contacting Apple Support for Additional Help
1. Check Your Alexa Device and Apple Music Account
To get your Alexa playing your Apple Music tunes again.
Here are a few things to check:
- First, make sure your Alexa device is connected to the internet and signed in to the same Amazon account that’s linked to your Apple Music subscription.
- Then, open the Alexa app on your phone and go to Settings > Music & Podcasts.
- Under “Default Services,” you should see “Apple Music” – tap that to confirm your account is still linked.
- If not, relink it by searching for Apple Music and enabling the skill.
Also check that your Apple Music subscription is active.
If it recently expired, you’ll need to renew it through Apple to start streaming on Alexa again.
2. Update Your Alexa Device and Apple Music App
To get your Alexa playing nice with Apple Music again, it’s time for some updates.
Update Your Alexa Device
Head to the Alexa app and go to Settings. Select Device Options, then Update.
This will install the latest software on your Echo device so it has the most recent Apple Music compatibility built-in.
Update the Apple Music App
Below is how you can update the Apple Music App:
- Open the Apple Music app on your phone and go to Settings.
- Tap on General, then Software Update.
- Install any available updates, which often contain fixes for connectivity with devices like Alexa.
Outdated software is a common reason why Alexa may stop playing your jams.
With the latest versions installed, your Echo and Apple Music should be rocking out together again in no time.
3. Unlink and Relink Apple Music
If Apple Music isn’t playing on your Alexa device, it’s likely just a minor issue with your account linking.
First, unlink your Apple Music account from the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone and tap the More icon in the bottom right.
- Select Settings, then scroll down to Music & Podcasts.
- Tap Apple Music under Services and select Unlink Account.
Next, relink your Apple Music account:
- In the Alexa app, tap Add Account under Music & Podcasts.
- Select Apple Music and enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- Allow Alexa to access your Apple Music account and select Link Account.
- Say “Alexa, play my Apple Music” to test if your music is working again.
If you’re still having issues, double-check that:
- Your Apple Music subscription is active.
- Your Alexa device and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Apple Music is available in your country. Not all locations currently support Apple Music on Alexa.
- You don’t have any parental controls or restrictions enabled that could be blocking the connection.
4. Factory Reset Your Alexa Device
You can reset your Alexa device if you are having trouble getting Alexa to play Apple Music.
You can reactivate your Amazon account after the reset, and it won’t affect it.
- Go to the Devices section of your Alexa app.
- Select Echo & Alexa from the list of devices.
- From the list, select the device you want.
- Select your device and go to Settings.
- You’ll see Registered To at the bottom.
- Please select either the “Deregister” or “Reset” option located on the right side.
5. Contacting Apple Support for Additional Help
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and your Alexa still isn’t playing Apple Music, it may be time to contact Apple Support for help.
Apple provides phone and chat support for all of its products, including any issues connecting Apple Music with other services.
Apple’s U.S. technical support phone number is (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273).
Calling this number will connect you with an Apple Support advisor who can help troubleshoot the issue, walk you through potential fixes, or schedule a Genius Bar appointment if needed.
Phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you prefer to chat online instead of calling, you can start an Apple Support chat on Apple’s support website.
An advisor will respond to your messages to help resolve any problems.
Chat support is available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 12 AM (midnight), and Saturday to Sunday from 9 AM to 11 PM Eastern Time.
In-Store Genius Bar Appointment
For hardware or software issues that can’t be resolved over the phone or chat, you may need to schedule an appointment with a Genius at your local Apple Store.
A Genius can fully assess the issue with your iPhone, Alexa device or other hardware and may even need to replace or repair certain components.
Genius Bar appointments are usually available within 1-2 business days, but you may be able to get a same-day appointment if there are any available.
Apple Support in Other Countries
If you live outside the U.S. and need Apple support, contact the support phone number for your country.
For example, in Canada call 1-800-263-3394.
Most countries have a dedicated Apple phone support line and also offer chat support on their localized Apple support website.
Apple aims to provide the same high level of support no matter where you are.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Apple Support if you continue having trouble using Apple Music with your Alexa device.
Their knowledgeable support staff are there to help resolve any issues and get you back to enjoying your favorite music.
In this post, we will tell 5 fixes of “Why Is Alexa Not Playing Apple Music“.
So there you have it. A few simple steps to get Alexa to play your Apple Music again.
Hope your problem is solved.
You have to follow all the fixes that will be told in this post.
Here’s how to link Apple Music to Alexa so that you may utilize the service to its maximum potential in a smart home. Launch the Alexa mobile app for iPad, iPhone, or Android. To access music and podcasts, go to More > Settings. Select Apple Music by selecting Link New Service.
The highest sound quality is provided by Apple Music, which also contains additional premium features, music videos, radio broadcasts, and shows.